Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

OKAY, WHAT IS IT WITH PLANE CRASHES THE DAYS BEFORE I FLY TO CHICAGO?

Dallas, summer of 1985:

San Francisco, summer 2013:

Delta Flight 190 crashed in Dallas, Texas on August 2, 1985. On August 3rd my mother and I flew from Augusta to Chicago to visit my mom's sister, niece and other family members. When we boarded the Delta Flight in Augusta, one of the first class passengers was sure to have the "Augusta Chronicle" newspaper opened wide so all could see the front page news story with the big block headline: "DELTA JET CRASHES!"

Tomorrow, July 8, I fly again, by myself, to visit my mother's niece, my first cousin and her adult children in Chicago. I'm taking a direct flight out of Columbia, South Carolina, on a United Flight.

What's up with these crashes a day or two prior to my flights to Chicago? Please pray for the injured passengers from yesterday's crash and the two who died and their families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you safe travels.

Right AFTER a plane crash is typically the SAFEST time to fly.

"God's gotcha covered!"

~SL

rcg said...

But right after this one only right before the next one!

Statistics are in your favor.