Translate

Friday, September 19, 2014

SAN GENARIO IS IMPORTANT TO THIS NAPOLITANO! THE MIRACLE HE PROVIDED FOR ME ON SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2013 IN NAPOLI AFTER I VISITED HIM AT THE NAPOLI'S CATHEDRAL!

Sunday Mass, September 29, 2013 at Naples Metropolitan Cathedral in the Chapel of Saint Januarius where I attended to thank Saint Januarius for healing me of a major knee problem the day before on the earthy streets of Napoli! And in addition to what St. Januarius did for me that day, he also provided for me in his chapel's Mass, Mass ad orientem in the Ordinary Form in Italian. Thank you Saint Januarius!!!





I wrote the following last year on September 29 while I was in Napoli, my city of birth and yes I have an affinity for it and its people. I love it there and could live there! But I digress.

This is what I wrote about a year ago!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

MIRACLE? I REPORT, YOU DECIDE!

Several years ago I had orthoscopic surgery on my right knee for a torn miniscus. Ever since I still have problems with stiffness and inflammation. This has increased in the last year.

Prior to leaving for Rome, I tripped over a vacuum hose and twisted my knee, causing more inflammation. Once I got to Rome I slipped in on the bathroom floor exacerbating the inflammation and made the knee go out of alignment. In Assisi I further twisted it going up an escalator from the parking lot as I turned to speak to a priest and didn't realize we were at the top landing.

My knee was absolutely killing me in Assisi, especially walking downhill. By this point the joint was not working properly and clicked with every motion. I was seeing stars and living off of Motrin and some weird European pain reliever given to me by a Brit.

I have been walking a lot but with less pain, but the clicking knee was driving me nuts. The knee ached at night and interfered with my sleeping!  I've walked about 20 miles here in Naples. On Friday I prayed at the Napoli's cathedral's Saint Januarius chapel that my knee get better, because in Italy you have to walk! But I prayed to Saint Januarius in a casual and almost disrespectful way actually thinking that my request would not be answered and I would not experience anything of a healing.

On Saturday after walking miles, I was on Naples' waterfront and hit with my right foot, head on, a protrusion on the side walk I did not see. It sent what felt like an electric shock up my leg to the knee as I almost completely tripped and fell before stopping myself from doing so. I was embarrassed because people saw me trip and almost fall.

I thought to myself that now the knee would be even worse, but NO! From that point on the knee went back into proper alignment and no longer clicks and I don't see stars going downhill or down steps! I always have pain in the knee even while in bed, but not last night! I have no pain or aches in the knee at night. The torn miniscus is still there and needs to be removed but it is no longer jammed in the knee joint interfering with its movement.

Thank you Saint Januarius for pushing me directly into that sidewalk protrusion! I prayed for a healing to test your powers and you showed me!

Above is the chapel of Saint Januarius where I prayed on Friday for my knee and below is the sidewalk where Saint Januarius pushed and tripped me and was I was healed!


No comments: