Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

THIS IS TRULY SAD, SCANDALOUS AND YES A BOMBSHELL!

Yes, Kyrie Elison!
In response to a statement from His Eminence Cardinal Kasper denying giving the interview that appeared in ZENIT Wednesday 15th October, I [Edward Pentin, the reporter slandered by Cardinal Kasper] issue the following response:
His Eminence Cardinal Walter Kasper spoke to me and two other journalists, one British, the other French, around 7.15pm on Tuesday as he left the Synod hall.
I transcribed the recording of our conversation, and my iPhone on which I recorded the exchange was visible. I introduced myself as a journalist with the [National Catholic] Register, and the others also introduced themselves as journalists. I therefore figured the interview was on the record and His Eminence appeared happy to talk with us. In the end, I posted the full interview in ZENIT rather than the Register. ZENIT removed the article on Thursday in response to Cardinal Kasper’s denial.
His Eminence made no comment about not wanting his remarks published. It depends on the context, but normally in such a situation, comments are considered on the record unless otherwise requested.
The recording can be downloaded below. A couple of the questions came from the other two journalists and I included them as part of the interview. Some of the quality of the English has also been improved for publication.

To hear the interview press here!
If there was a misunderstanding, I apologise, but I stand by the interview that was published as a correct account of the exchange.
 And then there is more, John Allen calls the Synod on the Family a Soap Opera! This is the caption picture:
Read John Allen's take HERE:

Synod is more and more like a soap opera

7 comments:

Jdj said...

And again I say:
From my lonnggg life experience, those who deny the loudest (tending to scream "it's a lie") are usually those with the most to hide, hence the most to lose. Unfortunately this truism is particularly rampant in the world of our church, both historically and presently. May God grant us all wisdom and patience with such as these.

Who needs daytime TV? It's a Catholic soap opera...

JusadBellum said...

Boom.

He's toast. But I feel for the poor man. It's not with relish but embarrassment.

To say something egregious...well, a man can apologize with dignity.

But to say something egregious, deny it, demand Zenit take it down and then have the audio tape posted! That's devastating.

Edward P. better get a body guard and double check his own security. Nothing will happen immediately but he's got a target on his back now and typically what'll happen is either a honey pot or other 'circumstance' arranged for him to be embarrassed.... there is a psychological need to shoot the messengers who deflate the image of prominent people.

So we have two people to pray for.

MR said...

This is just getting way too crazy now.

Pater Ignotus said...

Jdj - No, what you said about me at MHT and Obama was untrue - a lie.

From my long life experience, those who speak falsely of others are the ones with the most to hide.

Anonymous said...

So it's been proven that. Cardinal Kasper is a racist and a liar. Shocked! Shocked is the only word to describe how shocked I am that a Cardinal who is pro sacrilege is also a racist and a proven, proven, proven beyond a doubt LIAR!

AND......the other favorite German cardinal favored by Francis , Cardinal Marx, it's just reported that he is spending millions upon millions of dollars to re due the chancery. My my my, I wonder if Francis will remove and humiliate him? Oh wait, Marx is a big liberal so he is safe. It's okay if he spends millions, it just conservative bishops who have to pretend to be poor.

Gene said...

There are plenty of people at MHT, or formerly of it, that have a lot to say about Ignotus. Anybody who voted for Obama has no credibility at all with anyone with any sense.

Pater Ignotus said...

Pin/Gene - I am glad people from MHT have lots to say about my 16 months there. It is a shame, tho, that some like Jdj lie about me.